- Category: Templates FAQ
- Written by LineLab
- Hits: 24929
- Download and install Phoca Gallery component (the slideshow is displayed by module but you need to manage the images somehow, so the component is designed to manage the images - upload, publish, resize, etc.)
- Download and install slideshow module - e.g. Phoca Gallery Nivo Slideshow module, Phoca Gallery Noob Slideshow module, Phoca Gallery Floom Slideshow module
- Go to Options of Phoca Gallery component and set size for large thumbnails, e.g. 970 (width in px) x 230 (height in px), and click on Save. (FrameLab Template set 1920x556px!)
- Create category in Phoca Gallery component - specific category for the slideshow. Upload and add images (see Phoca Gallery user guide) to this category - thumbnails will be automatically created (such thumbnails - large thumbnails - will be used in the slideshow)
- Go to settings of the slideshow module (e.g. Phoca Gallery Nivo Slideshow module: Extensions - Module Manager - click on selected module) and select the Phoca Gallery category ID from where the images will be taken to be displayed in the slideshow area. You need to set other parameters in module too:
- Show Title: Hide
- Position: position-12. Some templates are using position "topsl or nivo"
- Status: Published
- Module Assigment: On All Pages or select specific pages
- Slideshow Width and Slideshow Height: Set the same width and height as the Phoca Galery large thumbnails settings included.
Don't forget to enable displaying slideshow in the template parameters.
If you are using Phoca Gallery as standard gallery on your site, don't forget to set back the size parameters of large thumbnails.
Not necessarily use phocagallery for slideshow, you can install another Slideshow content module. See extensions.joomla.org ( ARI Silder, Homepage Slideshow etc..)